Fill-Coat #2 is a petrolatum-based corrosion preventative compound that is specifically designed to be installed cold out of a 55-gallon drum for small quantity requirements. It remains in a firm gel consistency at ground temperatures commonly found in normal pipeline operations.
Fill-Coat #2 is used to fill the annular space between the pipeline casing and the carrier pipe. It displaces water that may be present and it prevents water from re-entering, thereby mitigating any further corrosion.
Fill-Coat #2 is shipped directly to the job site in 55- gallon drums and pumped (at temperatures above 55°F) by an air-driven mastic pump directly into the casing through one casing vent until it flows from the opposite vent. Fill-Coat #2 can be heated and pumped as a liquid if desired.
A 10:1 ratio mastic pump with follower plate is available on a rental basis.
|Specific Gravity @ 60°F||.80-.90|
- Prevents galvanic and atmospheric corrosion within casings
- Displaces and prevents re-entry of water in casing
- Satisfies DOT requirements for shorted casings
- Carrier pipe can be removed
- Inert, nonhazardous, and nonvolatile
- Pumpable at temperatures above 55°F without heating
- Economical for small quantity requirements