1) Cut back cable insulation and connect cable by standard desired method or use optional hardware if provided with this package.
2) Vigorously sand cable insulation approximately two inches back from the connection.
3) If re-entry may be required, tape the connection first with one layer of vinyl tape.
4) Enfold the connection using the square mastic splicing patch, kneading the mastic sealant so that it covers the entire splice and bonds completely to itself.
5) Cover the splice patch mastic material with one layer of rubber tape.
6) Cover rubber tape with two layers of vinyl tape. Underground splice is complete.
7) For underwater integrity, a coating of “Scotchkote” or equal electrical sealer, is recommended.