Zinc Grounding Cells
Pre-packaged zinc grounding cells from Federated Metals provide low resistance across an insulating joint without excessive loss of cathodic protection current.
-Cathodically protected pipe
-Insulated copper wires connecting zinc anodes and pipeline
-Two 60″ zinc anodes separated by insulating spacers
-Low resistance backfill surrounding
Zinc grounding cells from Federated Metals provide positive, long-life protection wherever voltages must be limited in underground metallic systems to reduce danger of shock or arcing and burning of insulated joints_ Typical grounding installations include oil. gas and water pipelines, power stations, oil storage tanks and transmission line towers and cables
• Two or four anode units available.
• Pre-packaged for easy Installation in sturdy cardboard tubes with wood ends.
• Anodes are 1.4″ x 1.4″ x 60″ HI-PURE'” zinc separated by 1″ spacers and tape wrapped
• Zinc anode composition conforms to ASTM 8-418-73, Type II.
• Low resistivity backfill; 75% gypsum, 20% bentonite, 5% sodium sulfate.
• Six feet of insulated NO.6 AWG stranded copp:er conductor silver brazed to:Y'” diameter steel core rods