The STOP IT® BoreShield™ system is a fast curing, in-field composite wrap system, ideal for joint reinforcement, abrasion resistance and corrosion protection in directional drilling and saddle support applications.
The STOP IT® BoreShield™ system includes a strong fiberglass knitted tape, pre-coated with fast setting water-activated urethane resins. Installation simply involves wrapping the tape around the area in need of protection. STOP IT® BoreShield™ can be installed by one person with no special tools or hot work, and provides for quick, in-field applications, regardless of weather conditions, pipe orientation, or local geometries. Recommended for use on pipes up to 48 inches in diameter.
• Can be applied to wet or dry surfaces
• Superior resistance to environmental degradation
• Excellent abrasion and impact resistance
• Strong adhesion to pipe surfaces
• Water activated urethane resin system fully cures to an inert fully encasing matrix
• Requires minimal pipe preparation
• Knitted fiberglass construction ensures excellent conformability to tees, elbows, saddles, joints, and step profiles
Each STOP IT® BoreShield™ kit contains a 4”x25’ roll of knitted fiberglass tape pre-coated with water activated polyurethane resins enclosed in a sealed foil pouch, latex gloves and printed instructions.