SP-2888® R.G. is an epoxy/polyurethane Hybrid coating based on “State of the Art” epoxy/urethane chemistry. The synergistic effect of co-polymerizing epoxy and polyurethane produces a coating with the superior adhesion and corrosion resistance of an epoxy along with the added toughness of a polyurethane.
This environmently friendly, 100% solids, no VOCs & isocyanate free, two component coating system is available in Brush Grade, Spray Grade,
Repair Cartridges and Spray Cartridges. SP-2888® R.G. is the coating most preferred for protection of steel and other metal surfaces from severe corrosion and abrasion.
Features & Benefits
• Excellent resistance to cathodic disbonding up to 85˚C (185˚F)
• Excellent adhesion to grit blasted steel surfaces, Fusion Bond Epoxy (FBE),
Fiber Reinforced Plastic (FRP) and Polyolefin (PP/PE)
• Excellent abrasion, chemical, water absorption and impact resistance
• Good flexibility
• High build single coat application >50 mils
• 100% solids, zero VOCs, Isocyanate free, environmentally friendly & safe
• Easily applied by spray, brush, roller or cartridge
SP-2888® R.G. meets or exceeds FBE coating performance requirements,
as specified in Canadian (CSA Z245.20, CSA Z245.30), USA (NACE
RP0394), and British (CW6) Standards.