Advantages of RD-6®:
• RD-6 is a non-shielding coating. In the case of a coating disbondment, the cathodic protection current will not be
shielded and will be able to reach the substrate.
• RD-6 has excellent resistance to cathodic disbondment, even with below standard surface preparation.
• The geotextile backing used with RD-6 provides physical properties of high breaking strength, low elongation and high
temperature resistance which all contribute to resistance of soil stress and continued corrosion protection.
• RD-6 is fast, easy-to-apply, and can be backfilled immediately after coating.
• RD-6 has visco-elastic properties to accommodate normal expansion and contraction of the substrate.
• The woven construction of the geotextile backing of RD-6 permits contact throughout the overlaps providing stronger
adhesion in this critical area of the coating.
• RD-6 has excellent water vapor transmission resistance.
• RD-6 has a uniform factory-controlled thickness, typically not possible with field-applied liquid coatings.
RD-6 Property Data:
|Property||ASTM Method||Typical Results (Metric)||Typical Results (English)|
|Total Thickness – Single layer of RD-6 Coating||D 1000||1.27 mm||0.05 inches (50 mils)|
|Breaking Strength||D 1000||193 N/10mm width||110 Lbs.F/in. width|
|Elongation % at break||D 1000||< 30%||< 30%|
|Water Vapor Transmission Rate||E 96 Procedure B||.006 g/h•m2||.009 grains/h•ft2|
|Cathodic Disbondment – 77°F (25°C), 30 days, 1.5V||G 8||< 5 mm radius||< 0.197 in. radius|
|Cathodic Disbondment – 150°F (66°C), 90 days, 3.0V||G 42||< 10 mm radius||< 0.4 in. radius|
(Does not shield cathodic protection currents)
|Internal Polyguard||Pass (non-shielding)||Pass (non-shielding)|
|Dielectric Strength (breakdown voltage, KV)||D 149||> 12 KV (9.45
|> 12 KV (240 V/mil)|
|Adhesion to primed surface||D 1000 Method A||35 N/10mm width||20 lbs. F/in. width|
|Adhesion to polyethylene||D 1000 Method A||28 N/10mm width||16 lbs. F/in. width|
|Impact Resistance||G 14||2.6 g/cm||23.0 in./lb.|