Based on 20-feet (6.0-meters) carrier pipe segments in a casing of not more than 300-feet (91.5-meters) .
Recommended Maximum Spacing
All Model PE Isolator/Spacers should not exceed 5-feet (1.5-meters) to 8-feet (2.4-meters) center-to-center. An isolator/spacer should be placed within 2-feet (0.6-meters) on each side of a coupling or joint and within 1-foot (0.3-meters) of each end of the casing.
- 5″ (127mm) wide band for maximum hoop strength around carrier pipe.
- Ribbed inner surface prevents slippage and guards against coating damage.
- Molded from virgin polyethylene material.
- Lightweight for ease of handling and installation.
- Screwdriver is only tool needed for installation.
- High-temp model available (up to 12″ [305mm]) for service termperatures to 280-degrees F. (138-degrees C.).
- Eliminates the Need for Blown Sand or Pea Gravel
|Material||Injection Molded Virgin Polyethylene|
|Tensile Strength||D638, D651||3,100 – 5,500 psi (218 – 387 kg/cm²)|
|Compressive Strength||D69||3,200 psi (225kg/cm²)|
|Temperature||180° F. Max. (82° C.)|
|Impact Strength||D256||1.5 – 2.0 ft lb/in. (0.8 – 1.07 newton-meter/cm)|
|Dielectric Strength||D149||450 Volts/Mil.|
3/4″ (19mm) through 12″ (305mm) = 2-piece with molded-in runners.
14″ (356mm) and larger = Multiple segments with molded-in runners.
Metallic – Bolts and Square Nuts = Plated Steel
Model PE Casing Isolators are designed primarily for smaller diameter steel or polyethylene carrier pipes (ANSI O.D. pipe without a bell or mechanical joint). We do not recommend that they be used on any carrier pipe over 24″ in diameter or for installations over 300 feet long without consulting with PSI. PE Isolators should not be used on concrete carrier pipe.