Loresco type SW® is designed for use in impressed current surface systems. SW® is also suitable for containerized anode systems and semi-deep impressed current systems. SW® may be poured dry or through water or light mud.
Loresco SW® exhibits a hard, round shape and does not require tamping because of its ability to go full density with simple pouring. The bulk density of SW® is 54 lbs. per cubic foot with a porosity of 56.7%. The particle sizing of SW ranges from 1 mm to 12 mm.
The manufacture of SW® is in a highly controlled “hot” atmosphere which produces a particle surface with wettable characteristics. This allows SW® to be freely poured directly into water or light mud without sacrificing system integrity due to poorly compacted carbon. Set-up time is almost instantaneous.
Loresco SW® is a product designed to be placed in the earth. According to EPA-approved leacherate tests, SW® meets all purity requirements for materials utilized in underground burial.
Loresco SW® may be poured freely in dry applications. If SW® is poured through water, the rate should not exceed one hundred pounds per minute. The rate of pouring should be decreased if the fluid is a light mud.
Horizontal Installation Procedure:
- Have a reasonably clean ditch (design usually calls for a ditch one foot wide).
- Pour Loresco SW® in a continuous layer six inches deep (or as specified).
- Place anodes on top of SW®.
- Pour SW® in a continuous layer until anodes are covered by a six inch backfill cover (or as specified).
- Fill the remainder of the ditch as specified.
Vertical Installation Procedure:
- Have a reasonably clean hole (depth depending on soil resistivity).
- Place one foot of SW® in bottom of hole.
- Lower and center anode in proper position.
- Pour SW® over anode until design level is reached.
- Fill remainder of hole as design specifies.
- Bulk Density: 54 lbs. per cubic foot.
- Particle Sizing: Ranging from 1 mm to 12 mm.
Loresco SW® is shipped in fifty (50) pound (22.7 kg) coated, woven polypropylene bags. SW® may be stored outside for limited periods (not to exceed four hundred hours of sunlight). Pallets are available with forty bags per pallet. Proven export packaging is also available.