When the specification calls for a hard setting grounding material PowerSetTM is the product of choice. PowerSetTM is compatible with all standard copper grounding systems and standard field applications. It is an economical permanent solution to difficult grounding problems in hard to deal with areas. PowerSetTM is manufactured from environmentally safe materials and is extremely stable. When mixed with water or exposed to moisture, PowerSetTM attains the hardening characteristics of cement while retaining its highly conductive properties. PowerSetTM will remain highly conductive during a drought or when exposed to arctic temperatures. Because is does not have any shrinkage or expansion properties it will remain in constant contact with the earth.
PowerSetTM can be poured in dry or pumped in slurry form. No tamping is required. It is very worker friendly. No special tools are required.
- Positive low resistance, electrical connection to the earth.
- Compatible with all copper grounding systems.
- Does not contain any hazardous chemicals.
- Will attain a hardened state.
- Will not leech into the ground or wash away.
- Never needs recharging.
- Electrically conductive.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Stable permanent ground for the life of the grounding system.
- Contains a corrosion inhibitor to protect copper.
- Will not expand or experience any shrinkage.
- Not affected by freezing.
- Simple to install.
- Excellent shelf life with no performance effects.
First, determine your desired thickness of PowerSetTM. Second, move to the right until you are under the known width of the trench. This number will be the weight of the material lbs/linear ft. Take this number and multiply by the length of the trench in feet. Your answer will be the amount of PowerSetTM material required to fill the trench to the desired level in lbs.
Example ( 12″ Wide x 50′ Long Trench):
Thickness = 6 inches
Width = 12 inches
Answer = 32.3 lbs/linear ft
32.3 lbs/linear ft x 50 ft of trench = 1615 lbs of PowerSetTM
Drill or dig the earth hole to the desired diameter and depth. Suspend groundrod in center of hole to be filled. Pour PowerSetTM until desired level is obtained. Remove excess water prior to pumping. If necessary, PowerSetTM may be pre-mixed and pumped under water.
Horizontal or Grid Construction:
Entire grounding system should be surrounded by PowerSetTM. Conductors should be insulated as they exit the PowerSetTM column. PowerSetTM should be used as a ground enhancement material when a setting fill is specified.
- Pour into horizontal trench until level of ground wire is reached.
- Place ground wire. Pour in additional PowerSetTM until ground wire is covered to desired height.
- Cover with fill. No tamping is necessary.
- Remove excess water prior to application.
- Pour PowerSetTM and spread over ground until desired thickness is achieved.
- Cover with fill.
- Use ground staples to maintain ground wire in center of fill.
The use of PowerSetTM around the grounding system will reduce surge impedance by increasing the effective contact area of the electrode to the soil.
Loresco PowerSetTM is shipped in fifty (50) pound (22.7 kg) coated, woven polypropylene bags. Pallets are available with fifty bags per pallet. Proven export packaging is available.