PowerFillTM is the economical solution for areas with difficult grounding problems. It is highly conductive wet or dry yet does not require moisture to lower the resistance of a grounding system. PowerFillTM carries an NSF certification (Certified to NSF/ANSI standard 60) enabling installation around underground potable water systems. PowerFillTM also contains a corrosion inhibitor which forms a film on the copper creating a barrier against corrosion.
PowerFillTM is designed to be used in conjunction with all standard copper grounding equipment allowing for a greater variance in design that would otherwise be uneconomical.
PowerFillTM can be poured in dry or pumped in slurry form. No tamping required. It is very worker friendly. No special tools are required.
- Positive low resistance, electrical connection to the earth.
- Compatible with all copper grounding systems.
- Does not contain any hazardous chemicals.
- Will not leech into the ground.
- Never needs recharging.
- Electrically conductive.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Stable permanent ground for the life of the grounding system.
- Contains a corrosion inhibitor to protect copper.
- Will not expand or experience any shrinkage.
- Not affected by freezing.
- Simple to install.
- Excellent shelf life with no performance effects.
Calculating Material Required to Fill a Trench:
First, determine your desired thisckness of PowerFillTM. Second, move to the right until you are under the known width of the trench. This number will be the weight of the material lbs/linear ft. Take this number and multiply by the length of the trench in feet. Your answer will be the amount of PowerFillTM material required to fill the trench to the desired level in lbs.
Example (12″ Wide x 50′ Length Trench):
Thickness = 6 inches
Width = 12 inches
Answer = 36.4 lbs/linear ft.
36.4 lbs/linear ft. x 50 ft. of trench = 1820 lbs. of PowerFillTM
- Drill or dig the earth hole to the desired diameter and depth.
- Suspend groundrod in center of hole to be filled.
- Pour PowerFillTM until desired level is obtained. No tamping is necessary.
Horizontal or Grid Construction:
Entire grounding system should be surrounded by PowerFillTM. Conductors should be insulated as they exit the PowerFillTM column.
- Pour into horizontal trench until level of ground wire is reached.
- Place ground wire.
- Pour in additional PowerFillTM until ground wire is covered to desired height.
- Cover with fill. No tamping necessary.
- Pour PowerFillTM and spread over ground grid until desired thickness is achieved.
- Cover with fill.
The use of PowerFillTM around the grounding system will reduce surge impedance by increasing the effective contact area of the electrode to soil.
Loresco PowerFillTM is shipped in fifty (50) pound (22.7 kg) coated, woven polypropylene bags. Pallets are available with fifty bags per pallet. Proven export packaging is available. Bulk bags are also available.