Loresco type DW-1® is a sized carbon backfill with particles ranging between 0.1 to 1 mm. DW-1® weighs seventy-four pounds per cubic foot and sinks readily in water or light mud. The fixed carbon content of DW-1® is over ninety-nine percent.
Being a sized and predominantly round material, DW-1® may be installed by either pumping or pouring. Approximately seven gallons of water per one hundred pounds of backfill should be utilized when pumping. DW-1® wets easily and only minimum agitation is necessary before pumping
Loresco DW-1® may be poured freely into dry applications. Tamping is not required. When it is applied by pumping, the recommended method is to pump from the bottom of the bored hole upward. After the application pipe (a one-inch steel pipe) is lowered down to the bottom of the bored hole, it is coupled to a 20 GPM pump with a minimum capacity of 250 psi. Normally, the application pipe does not have to be raised during pumping procedures.
Horizontal Installation Procedure:
- Have a reasonably clean ditch (design usually calls for a ditch one foot wide).
- Pour Loresco DW-1® in a continuous layer six inches deep (or as specified).
- Place anodes on top of DW-1®.
- Pour DW-1® in a continuous layer six inches deep until anodes are covered by a six inch backfill cover (or as specified).
- Fill the remainder of the ditch as specified.
Vertical Installation Procedure:
- Have a reasonably clean hole (depth depending on soil resistivity).
- Place one foot of DW-1® in bottom of hole.
- Lower and center anode in proper position.
- Pour DW-1® over anode until design level is reached.
- Fill remainder of hole as design specifies.
- Bulk density: 74 lbs. per cubic foot.
- Particle sizing ranging from 0.1 to 1 mm.
Loresco DW-1® is shipped in fifty (50) pound (22.7 kg) coated, woven polypropylene bags. DW-1® may be stored outside for limited periods (not to exceed four hundred hours of sunlight). Pallets are available with fifty bags per pallet. Proven export packaging is also available.