Tapecoat H35 / H50 Gray tape
Tapecoat Gray Tapes
Protect Pipeline and Infrastructure from Corrosion.
Tapecoat Gray coatings are innovative cold applied tapes that exceed all previous performance criteria for the protection from corrosion of above and below ground pipelines, girth welds and fittings. Tapecoat incorporates a patented integrated primer into these protective tapes and eliminated the dangers of emissions and hazardous waste associated with the application of liquid primers. Tapecoat Gray can be applied over a wide range of ambient temperatures for the protection of most metal surfaces
FEATURES – SPECIFICATIONS – APPLICATION
– replaces flammable and hazardous liquid primers
– eliminates VOC emissions
– eliminates dangers of a toxic material spill
– eliminates need to dispose of hazardous wastes
– labor-saving application
– aggressive tack gives consistent application
– successfully tested by independent labs
– aggressive bond to steel and other metal substrates
– cohesive strength as well as flexibility
– excellent resistance to cathodic disbondment
(H35 Gray/ H50 Gray)
– pulls tight around fittings and irregular shapes
– formulated for durability
– thermally stable
– abrasion resistant
– UV resistant
Tapecoat H50 Gray Cold-applied above and below ground coating in tape form with an integrated primer. Tapecoat H35 Gray and Tapecoat H50 Gray are designed to protect above and below ground metal surfaces from corrosion and electrolysis. They are used for coating pipe, girth welds, fittings, couplings, tanks, pipe type cable, conduit, tie rods, elevator casings and other metal surfaces. Their unique MAF® backing has been specially formulated to provide strength that allows it to be pulled tightly around fittings and other irregular shapes with minimal pull back due to memory. Tapecoat H35 Gray and Tapecoat H50 Gray employ an integrated primer and are resistant to UV rays, thermal expansion, impact and abrasion. Both tapes can be applied over a wide range of ambient temperatures.
Tapecoat H35 Gray and Tapecoat H50 Gray are composed of a Gray specially formulated MAF® backing with a synthetic elastomeric adhesive. Impregnated into the adhesive is an integrated primer.
Shelf life: Rotate stock yearly
Standards: AWWA C-209
Recommended for use with: Coal Tar, Extruded Polyethylene, FBE, 3 Layer Systems, Coal Tar and Urethane Plant Coatings
Low temp flex: Excellent
Bacteria resistance: Excellent
Thickness: H35 35 ± 2 mils
H50 50 ± 2 mils
Tests: ASTM D1737, ASTM G22,
ASTM D1000, ASTM G8.
Surface must be clean and dry. SSPC-SP3 Power Tool Cleaning is recommended to remove any loose rust and scale, dust or dirt. A “Tack Cloth” for removal of fine dust particles is provided in each carton. Oil, grease and all other residue are to be removed from pipe surface per SSPC-SP1 Solvent Cleaning. SSPC-SP6 Commercial Blast Cleaning is optional.
Tapecoat H35 Gray and Tapecoat H50 Gray are impregnated with an integrated primer.
• Spiral Wrap: Tapecoat H35 Gray and Tapecoat H50 Gray are hand applied by removing the release liner and spirally wrapping with a continuous overlap of tape. Tension in wrapping should be enough to obtain conformability to the surface being coated.
• Cigarette Wrap: Pre-cut strips of Tapecoat H35 Gray or Tapecoat H50 Gray to a length equal to the circumference of the pipe plus a minimum of 4″. Follow general tape applications described above.
• Tape Wrapping Machines: Information is available on the Tapecoat Tape Wrapster #3.