Denso Rock Shield HD is a flexible padding designed for the protection of the corrosion coating on pipelines when rocky backfill is encountered. The product is manufactured from high density polyethylene (HDPE) incorporating a special expansion process to provide compressive strength and flexibility. It is extruded into a diamond mesh pattern.
Designed for the protection of the corrosion coating on pipelines when rocky backfill is encountered.
• Absorbs impact of uneven backfill
• Protects pipe coating from protruding rocks in trench
• Minimizes abrasion of coating from pipe movement underground
• Protects pipe during future excavations
• Unaffected by temperature extremes and wet weather
• Maintains cathodic protection without inhibiting cathodic fl ow
• Cushions against concrete weights
• Cuts with a utility knife
• Easy to install
For pipe diameters 18″ (450mm) or less: Unroll material parallel to the pipe and wrap around pipe (longitudinal “cigarette” wrap). Then, fasten with tape, buckles or cable ties.
For pipe diameters greater than 18″ (450mm): Sheets need to be pre-cut to match pipe circumference. Next, wrap sheets around pipe width (spiral wrap). Then, fasten with tape, buckles or cable ties.